In resuming our tours know that your health and safety are our top priority. We follow the Public Health Guidance for Newfoundland and Labrador and check the Government of Newfoundland and Labrador COVID-19 website daily for the most up to date information. We also follow guidelines specific to birding as suggested by eBird to ensure our particular birding activities line up with current health regulations.
While COVID protocols are in place all tours at Birding by Season are private (your personal bubble), self-drive tours (your guide will be in a separate car). We will keep the maximum number of people per tour to 8 (plus your guide) and will practice physical distancing while together.
To help us keep you safe, we ask that you:
- e-Transfer payment in advance of your arrival (refunds are available at any time for any reason).
- Complete your waivers and health declarations (sent by email when you book a tour) and return by email to [email protected] 24 hours before your tour. The following are the questions asked:
- Have you experienced a cough, fever, or other flu-like symptoms in the last 30 days?
- Have you traveled outside of Canada (including the United States) within the last 30 days?
- Have you been in contact with anyone who has tested positive for COVID-19 in the last 30 days?
- Have you been asked to quarantine in the last 14 days?
- Do you agree to our releasing your contact information if required, for contact tracing purposes only?
In addition we ask that you:
- Contact us to cancel if you are exhibiting any symptoms or test positive for COVID-19.
- Bring a mask to wear at indoor public spaces (mandatory) and outside if physical distancing cannot be maintained.
- Bring hand sanitizer and wash/sanitize your hands immediately after touching communal surfaces such as railings, handles, doorknobs, and other areas of public sites.
- Bring your own water and snacks.
- Provide your own transportation during the tour.
- Take turns at blinds and at other bird-viewing environments to maintain a physical distance of 6-feet from those outside of your Bubble (i.e., the guide).
- Bring your own binoculars, scope and camera and avoid sharing them with others; disinfect the eye caps of all bird-viewing equipment following your birding tour.
- Avoid sharing phones to review checklists; we will confirm our checklists verbally, making any necessary corrections and re-sharing them after they have been submitted to eBird if need be.
We want you to have an amazing and safe birding experience with us, and we can’t wait to explore the area with you!
To book a tour, contact us at [email protected] or (709) 721 3557.