The following are our standard payment, deposit and refund policies. Please note that as a result of COVID-19, all guided tours at Birding by Season are private, self-drive tours. In addition, there are some changes to our policies. In particular, for our 2021 birding tours, full refunds are available when you cancel a booked tour for any reason up to 24 hours before the start of your scheduled tour. Or you can apply your deposit to a 2022 tour. It’s up to you!
Payment, Deposit and Refund Policy
Items not included in the tour price:
- Air transportation
- Ground transportation to and from Stephenville
- Transportation during the tour*
- Travel insurance
- Personal items
- Evening meals (unless otherwise noted*)
- Accommodations (unless otherwise noted*)
* For now, all guided tours at Birding by Season are private, self-drive tours.
- Small Group Tours (4 to 8 people) require a deposit of $50 per person to register for a single day tour and $150 per person to register for our two-day birding tour (French Ancestors Route) with the remaining balance due on the day of the tour(s).
- Custom itineraries and trip planning services require a deposit of %50 following initial consultation and the delivery of a proposed draft itinerary with the balance requested prior to the delivery of the final product.
Refund and Cancellation Policy:
- Deposits are refunded in full if Birding by Season cancels a Small Group Tour at any time; or if clients cancel more than 6 weeks ahead of the scheduled tour date; 50% of the deposit amount is refunded when clients cancel more than 7 days ahead of the tour date. Deposits are non-refundable if clients cancel 7 days or less prior to the tour date.
- Deposits for custom itineraries and trip planning services are refundable if Birding by Season is unable to meet its commitment for the agreed upon services and non-refundable if the client cancels at any time.